MAS Training Center
MAS S.A., exclusive representative, central distributor and business partner of Woodward in the Eastern Mediterranean, is also a Recognized Training Facility of Woodward. With this in mind, and wishing to best serve our clientele, we organize a series of seminars called “The Secret is Out” which are aimed to provide the participant with specialized knowledge on various types of Woodward governor units.
These WOODWARD Seminars are:
Addressed to first engineers, superintended engineers, fleet managers and / or technical managers, and no prior knowledge is required in order to attend. Speakers are MAS engineers with an excellent span of technical knowledges on engines and therefore fully capable of understanding the problems that may arise from dysfunction of the speed controllers and how to solve them.
Designed to help participants acquire a comprehensive understanding of how a speed regulator works on the machine. Starting from the basic theory and the necessary knowledge, at the end of the seminars attendees will have the ability to handle simple issues (fitting, dismantling, adjusting a regulator, lever and air or motor) and complex problems (troubleshooting, emergency fixes, etc.) derived from automation.
Planned to cover each topic and include theory and hands-on training. The minimum number of participants in set seminars is six (6) and the maximum is ten (10). We can also offer tailor made seminars, in order to concentrate on specific needs. In such case, we will be needing at least six (6) participants from your company to create an exclusive seminar for you.
WOODWARD’s Seminars will provide the participant with technical knowledge on the matters below:
- Basic operating principles of speed controllers (governors)
- Droop, isochronous, compensation, Feedback (what they are and what they serve)
- Analysis of UG8, PGA (12,29,58,200,300), PGG
- Governor applications to generator sets (load management)
- UG and EG actuators
- EGB actuator / governor (from EGB-10P to EGB-200P)
- Booster servomotor function and purpose.
- How to install (place) a governor on the machine.
- Checking and aligning the fuel levers
- Ability to identify any automation problems
|#100||Mechanical Governors UG-8/UG-40||2 days|
|#101||Mechanical Governors PGA / PGG / PGPL||3 days|
|#102||Electrical Governors UG-25 + P1-P3||1 day|
|#103||Mechanical Governors 723 Plus Digital Speed Control||2 days|
* Other types of regulators upon agreement (SG, PSG, 3161, Zexel)
Seminars take place at the Training Center of MAS S.A. on pre-determined dates
- We have the possibility to organize a custom seminar just for your company so that the selected engineers are all available as long as you have a number of minimum six (6) participants
- Seminars start at 9am and finish at 4pm
- Instructors are specialized technicians of MAS S.A.
- Each participant will obtain material in either electronic or hard copy form
- Due to the hands-on training, the maximum amount of participants is ten (10) and the minimum is six (6)
- A certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the seminar